Try Beauty Acupuncture Now
Kim Kardashian recently tweeted a picture of herself undergoing Beauty Acupuncture, which she described as ‘oh so relaxing’. While Made In Chelsea’s Millie Mackintosh was also happy to post a photo of herself having it done. Fast becoming the treatment of choice for beauty insiders and celebs-in-the-know, here’s why you should be trying beauty acupuncture:
1. It’s a preventative rather than a reactive approach to wellbeing
Traditional Chinese Medicine treats the symptoms as well as the root of any health problem. Skin, being the largest organ in our body, acts as a two-way mirror guide to our inner health. So, premature signs of ageing can actually be the outward manifestation of many conditions including stress, hormonal and nutritional imbalances.
I combine traditional Chinese acupuncture with highly specialised methods that I’ve developed through years of practice. I work extensively on the facial skin, minimising the appearance of fine lines and age-associated issues.
- It’s not just about the needlesAcupuncture is not about the needles it’s about the way they make you feel. It has a literal, substantial and constructive effect within the skin layers, and treats the causes of ageing from a holistic approach. It helps to boost microcirculation and the overall health of the skin, helping it to look firmer, plumper and younger.
- It stimulates the body’s ability to regenerate itselfUnlike most beauty treatments, it addresses not just the topical and superficial signs of premature ageing, but the true internal causes of ageing, by stimulating and channeling the body’s own healing energy towards ‘repairing’ the skin.
The treatment – a gentle application of highly specialized ultra-fine micro-needles to specific acu-points on the face and body – triggers a cascade of crucial healing processes, directly involving the brain biochemistry to affect the way the body functions: from increased oxygen flow, to the release of powerful anti- inflammatories, to an increase in cellular waste elimination. It also helps to stimulate the fibroblast cells that lie deep within the dermis layer of the skin, promoting the production of new collagen and elastin – the key building blocks of the skin that are so crucial to the fight against ageing.
- It helps you look more youthfulBy boosting the skin’s ability to regenerate itself and increase the levels of collagen and elastin, skin tone is dramatically improved, wrinkles and fine lines are reduced and the skin looks more youthful.
- It relieves stress and facial tightnessBeauty Acupuncture facilitates natural biochemicals that help to alleviate stress, reduce cortisol levels and boost endorphin and serotonin levels throughout the whole body. As a result, it has a calming effect on facial muscles and the whole body.
- The treatment is tailor-made for youThe first phase of the Signature Beauty Acupuncture Treatment is the crucial visual appraisal and consultation, during which, I apply the knowledge gained through over 20 years of training and experience. Treatment protocol will vary according to the age, condition, and needs of my client, taking into account any health concerns that might affect the health and condition of the skin.
- It’s surprisingly relaxingIncredibly fine, almost undetectable, ultra high-quality needles are applied at strategic points to address any specific health symptoms or skin manifestations. Any sensation the client feels is actually very beneficial for the therapeutic outcome of the treatment – allowing the skin and its receptors to respond to the treatment.
I also apply a special solution of potent Chinese herb actives to the skin, and then use specific acupressure massage techniques (facial shiatsu) to open up the energy channels on the face, as well as to relax the facial muscles and improve circulation. Skin looks plumper and glows with health.
The needles remain in for about 20 minutes. After removal, I offer a choice of my own-formulated botanical mask for deeper hydration and LED light therapy for additional anti-ageing benefit.
- There are no negative side effects or downtime
Acupuncture treatments can also be performed up until the fifth month of pregnancy.For those who take blood-thinning medication or supplements, the treatment may potentially cause a little bruising, but this can be treated immediately and effectively with anti-bruising gel.
- It’s a better option than BotoxBeauty Acupuncture supports all the functions of the skin, while Botox just affects the subcutaneous facial muscles and does not influence the health, vitality and function of the actual skin. Studies have shown that on a long-term basis, Botox-like procedures can even deteriorate the volume of the facial muscles as well as minimise blood supply and oxygenation to the skin.
- It’s not just a temporary fix
Beauty Acupuncture boosts the skin’s ability to regenerate itself, improving its quality and appearance, by delivering a lasting cumulative effect. Although skin will look revitalised after an initial treatment, I’d recommend a course of six to eight treatments for substantial long-term results (three to four in the space of one to two months, followed by monthly or bi-monthly repeat treatments).